Reaktiv Studios is on the lookout for a senior-level developer to join us in building and maintaining bespoke WordPress solutions for our valued clients. This is not a junior developer position; candidates need to be able to jump into complex code scenarios and hit the ground running. We’re not all hung up on years, but typically this is a developer with five or more years of relevant development experience.
In your role as a senior developer, you will build, maintain, support, and refactor content management systems for our clients, primarily using WordPress as the backend. You’ll be asked to audit sites for performance, security and future maintainability and provide recommendations. You’ll look for ways to improve your team’s development process and document your findings along with participating in code reviews and QA with your peers. You are equally as comfortable working on a project by yourself as you are embedded into a larger client team and communicating via video calls and text chats.
You are comfortable encountering problems you’ve never solved before, and you are excited at the prospect of solving them with pragmatic solutions. You self-motivate and proactively communicate issues to your team. You love open source software. Familiarity with WordPress is preferred, but not a must.
You likely call yourself a full stack developer.
You’re a great fit if:
- You have proficiency in SQL, HTML5, CSS and CSS pre-processors.
- You must be able to show us examples of your work that reflect your expertise in these areas.
- You have exemplary written communication skills, whether you’re writing to a peer developer or directly to a client.
- You create robust, well-designed and maintainable software.
- You are able to iterate and ship quickly.
- You are familiar with Git or similar version control tools and automated deployment workflows.
We’d love it if:
- You have advanced proficiency in WordPress.
- You’ve contributed to an open source project.
- You’re interested in working automated testing into your development workflow.
Reaktiv Studios is a 100% distributed development agency. We are one of the few WordPress.com VIP Service Partners and work with some really great clients like The Wirecutter, Harvard Business School, and NextDraft.
We are a lean and mean company, but we’re proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, a flexible work schedule, and continued education (conferences, training seminars, books, etc.).
Please, U.S. citizenship required, and no recruiters.
Hello? Is it you we’re looking for? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A brief introduction. Tell us about you! We care about who you are as a person.
- Describe your relevant experience.
- Links to GitHub or similar code repos. (seriously. don’t leave this out.)
- Personal website and/or LinkedIn and other social media links.
- Use the word “taco” in your subject line. It sounds silly, but attention to detail is important for this position.
Reaktiv Studios, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences that people imagine to discriminate against one another. If you have a disability, please let us know if there’s anything we can do to make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate.